If you have had breast reconstruction after a mastectomy, you may want to complete your new look by adding a nipple and areola to give your breasts a more natural appearance. Dr. Huddleston can create a new nipple with a tattooed areola. You can also choose to forgo a traditional nipple and get the three-dimensional effect instead. Our medical tattoo artist will provide you with an amazing tattoo that uses shading to create an optical illusion to make your breasts look whole again! Medical tattooing can also be used to cover up scars in numerous locations including the breasts, tummy, legs, arms, etc, including scars caused by acne. Medical tattooing can give you confidence in your new body!
What is Medical Tattooing?
One of the biggest disadvantages of plastic surgery is the inevitable scarring that happens after any type of surgery. For some people, the scar left behind takes away from their overall satisfaction with their new look. Medical tattooing is used to disguise this unsightly scar with a beautiful tattoo. Medical tattooing is also used to help women regain the most natural looking breast possible after a reconstruction. Dr. Huddleston has an on-staff medical tattoo artist, who will work with you so that you feel beautiful and you absolutely love your new look!
- 3D Tattooing – 3-D nipple tattooing is an amazing process that gives a woman the appearance of a nipple and areola without the protrusion that comes with an actual nipple. 3-D nipple tattooing gives women the opportunity to wear their clothing without a padded bra while also looking completely natural when undressed. It is suggested that you wait at least three months after your breast reconstruction surgery to get either a 3-D nipple tattoo or nipple reconstruction.
- Nipple Reconstruction – During a nipple reconstruction, Dr. Huddleston will take skin from the body and graft it into a new nipple. This is done as an out-patient procedure so you will go home the same day. It is a surgical procedure, so instructions will be given ahead of time so you will be prepared on the day of surgery. In three months, you will return to the office to have your new nipple and areola tattooed to match your skin tone.
- Scar Camouflaging – Procedures such as tummy tucks and breast augmentations leave behind scars that can be noticeable. Most scars fade over time, but some people remain uncomfortable. Scar camouflaging uses different shades of flesh-toned pigments to make the scar blend in with your natural skin. If you are feeling adventurous, our tattoo artist can also design and apply a custom-created design around your scar. This type of tattooing is recommended between 9 to 12 months after your incision has healed. Your skin must be relatively smooth without raised or bumpy spots and must not have dark borders that are a sign of an inflammatory condition that can arise after surgery.
- Acne Scar Camouflaging – Severe acne during the adolescent years can lead to permanent scarring throughout your life. Our experienced tattoo artist can cover the scars and blend them seamlessly with your existing skin tone, giving you a noticeably more unblemished complexion.
- Silagen Scar Refinement System – To help create less noticeable scars, our office offers the Silagen Scar Refinement System to patients after surgical procedures. This product can flatten and soften scars and reduce redness, itching and pain.
If you want to boost your confidence and create a flawless look, contact our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Huddleston and our medical tattoo artist.